Michelle here. This photo is of my beautiful wife. It's one of my favorites, so I thought I'd put up something that makes me smile while I write.
I think I jinxed myself in that last blog. We had a doctor's appt this week on Wednesday and we all talked about how good I had been feeling. We didnt do dances or anything, we just kind of looked at each other with that 'oh good' kind of trepidation. Thursday remained good, so I was hopeful.
Well. How dare the Universe. I woke up at about 4:30am on Friday morning with a headache. Our doctor wanted us to remain agressive if a headache even started, so I took the meds right away and had something small to eat. By 6am, I was violently vomitting. Reminiscent of not so many weeks ago. Now, right about this point, I'm a pro. Yes, just call me Dr.Vomit. When I'm done with Vet school, you cant call me that anymore, but for now, that's what I know the most about. So, I had a mini meltdown of about 5 minutes, called Jen (she was at work already) to cry for just a second, and then went into action. I took my Phenegren, dropped the weak water and started hitting the Gatoraide. There was no way I was getting dehydrated again and put in the hospital. I dont want to see that place again until February. Even though I felt like crap, I felt more positive that I could get ahead of the game in knowing what might be coming.
I called our doctor as soon as the office opened and left a message since she was in with a patient. I ran down what was happening (by this time I had vomitted three times) and sat by my little puke container with my phone. Now, you have to understand at this point that I have the much sought after and downright coveted position of being the 'most sick pregnant woman' that our office has ever seen. Still, no trophy or check. So, I wasnt surprised when our doctor called back within minutes. Undoubtedly notified by one of the office staff. Because I'm sure that as soon as I got off of the phone, the girl who transferred my call to the voicemail, told the front office, "Michelle's sick again". I'm convinced that when this call comes in, there's a red light in the office that's activated, because they are on top of things when we call or arrive.
Anyway, I ran it all down again and she advised me that I was a pro at this point and that I had done exactly what she would have told me to do. She thought that I was having a reaction to the medication and altered my treatment only slightly. She gave me some words of encouragement and said to call her by noon if things continued to get worse. They have not, but I'm definitely back on the rollercoaster. Yesterday was ok, today, I'm sick again. I know that it will pass, but I want it to pass quickly. There's something medically funny in all of this, if that's possible.
Java Chip Frapuccinos. I dont like taking medication. Especially being pregnant with this amazing human being. However, my headaches have been extreme migraines, so, we've been on medication. However, my doctor wanted us to try an alternative. So, last week, she told me to start having some caffeine. Not more then 300mg a day, but to have some. I'm not a coffee drinker and I dont drink soda, so that left tea. The tea didnt work, so, I found the Java Chip Frapuccino from Starbuck's. Size: Grande. 130mg of caffeine. I would think it had more, but that's it. My headache went away. I had one every day until Thursday. I wanted to get off the caffeine, so I didnt have one Thursday. Lo and Behold, Friday morning, here comes the headache.
So, here's my ode to the Grande Java Chip Frapuccino. Thank you for your sweet, chippy deliciousness and your headache relief.

No comments:
Post a Comment