Can someone tell us how we're supposed to feel right now? I'm just wondering. What a wonderful, terrible, split of emotions. How thrilled are we, that we now have a president like Obama? VERY. Over the top. And we helped make that happen. A part of history. This amazing man, this family man, is going to change our nation and bring some honesty back to the dirtiest job in the world; politics.
But now, you're telling us that an ignorant, bigoted portion of California, has the right to tell us that our family, isnt a family anymore? I'm stunned. I read that comment, by a Yes on 8 supporter this morning. "They arent really families, so now, they're not legally families either, what a great victory for our campaign". They allowed this person to make this statement. Even with my level of consciousness, I felt deeply stung by such a hateful comment.
And did you know that Los Angeles County voted FOR Prop 8?? I lived there for years and it's one of the most liberal places around. We're crushed. I cant say that we're not hopeful for the future, but right now, I feel like my heart is broken.
Prop 2 passed. This is very good news. I still feel torn though. Everything wonderful feels selfishly muted by the losing of our rights, and the fact that they have been allowed to take them from us. From the 16,000 homosexual couples in the state of California who are at this moment, still legally married. We wont be victims, but it doesnt stop the crushing heartbreak.
12 years ago

Oh Michelle, where was that hate speech posted? I'm so ill right now. I'm at such a loss. I'm so broken hearted too. It's te first time I've really wanted to leave CA. It's so heavy that I'm having difficulty being happy about Obama - and thank GOD he had the integrity last night to include us in his speech. But -- I'm so so sad.
ReplyDeleteHow should you feel? However you feel. Happy and angry and everything else. I do. I live in Oregon, but I just can't believe this could happen there. Things will change though, they will. It won't fly for long....
ReplyDelete