From some of the comments left on my last post, I feel I have to clarify a few things lol. I no longer work in patrol. I'm still in law enforcement, but now work warrants and an inside job. It's not out of the question that I might go back at some point in the future. However, Jen likes knowing that the worst injury I may get during the day, is a paper cut and I'm not a hemopheliac so there's no worry of dying there.
I've been out of patrol for about four years now. Once we decided that we wanted to get pregnant, and after some disagreements with how the political department I was with at the time conducted business, I got out. I actually got our of law enforcement altogether for about a year and a half. I missed it and Jen was the one who brought me the opportunity to get back in, in a safer environment and one where I could evaluate whether I wanted to continue in this career path or not. I love it, but at times your family suffers. At times, you suffer. And, at times, well, you get the idea.
The chapter I shared is from a book I've been writing for about 11 yrs now. This particular Thanksgiving was from 2003. I hope to share more chapters in the future, especially since some are really funny. And to Ang, I did work Thanksgiving this year :) Only, there were no bad guys chased, just put in jail. So, I hope that my post wasnt misleading in any way. I still do the difficult 24 hr a day job, only now, I do the inside stuff that people who've been in as long as I have, get to do :)
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment