Our little princess

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Apple Cake

Ok. So. I cook a lot. I bake. A lot. I love to do both. Well, tonight, I made one of the best things I've ever made. And it was simple. Figures. I like apple stuff. I dont love it, but I like it. I found this apple cake recipe, tweaked it a little and tried it out. LOVE it. I really put some tender lovin' care into it since it was so simple and apparently it paid off. So, I hope you enjoy it. Here's the recipe:

Simple Apple Cake

1/2 cup Extra Light Start Virgin olive oil
3 large apples, peeled, cored, quartered and cut into chunks
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups flour (I used half whole wheat, half unbleached white whole wheat)
1/4 teaspoon course salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Confectioners sugar, optional for serving

1 - Preheat oven to 350. Prep an 8 inch round cake pan. In a medium saucepan bring apples and 1/2 cup of water to a simmer over high. Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook until apples are very tender, 12 minutes. Mash apples with a whisk, stirring to dry the mixture slightly. Remove from heat.

2 - Whisk brown sugar into apples, then oil. Whisk in eggs, then flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

3 - Transfer batter to pan and bake until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire reack for 20 minutes. Invert and let cake cool on rack. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Blog Archive