Our little princess

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Meme's, going back to work and simple moments


Hi everyone. Michelle here. Yesterday was a good day. A really good day. Healthy baby. I felt really good. I felt really good and because of that, made the decision to try to go back to work. I think that Jen and I both knew that it was a very contingent decision seeing as this illness has really been a roller coaster. Today, has not been a good day. I woke up at 3:54 am with intense nausea and the baby wanted to eat. She lets me know about every two hours that I have to put something in my stomach. It's not always the easiest thing, but her nutrition is priority. I am going to try to go to work tomorrow. All I can do is hope that tomorrow is a repeat of yesterday, and that it's a good day. I'm going to choose to think positive and give my new day the opportunity to be an Oreo moment.

Now, you may not love Oreos and I cant say that they were ever my favorite cookie. They definitely arent now because they're loaded with stuff I no longer eat, but I have a fond memory as a child of this cookie. One of my best friends moms, used to bring us in a bedtime snack. Kind of a stereotypical ritual. But, I loved it, and always knew, that when I stayed at Rocky's house, I would get a night light, a small cup of REALLY cold milk, and three Oreo cookies. A simple moment. Something you can close your eyes on, think about, and remember that simple thing that brought such a big smile to your face and heart (and mouth, lol). I try to focus on Oreo moments when I'm feeling especially sick.

Enough of the serious. I found this Meme on 2 Moms, it can be done and liked it, so I thought that I would put it out there for everyone to check out:

G.L.B.T. Meme

Are you sure of your sexual orientation? Or are you confused?
Absolutely positive!

Are you open with your sexuality? Or is it a secret?
Very open

Who was the 1st person you told that you're a lesbian?
My friend from high school Korin.

Is your hair short, medium, or long?
Medium

Would you ever shave your head?
When I worked patrol for LAPD I shaved my head down to a 2 crew cut and kept it that way for about two years. (Picture above)

Do you own anything with the Gay Rainbow on it?
I've heard people refer to the Gay Rainbow as the 'Gay flag'. I used to love having the Gay flag on my car, but I cant think of any I have right now.

Do you consider yourself a Stud, Androgynous, or Femme?
Sporty femme

What type of females are you most attracted to?
Strong and intelligent. Not butch strong, but strong in family, morals, values etc.

What FAMOUS Lesbian is your favorite?
Ellen. Her path has shown all of us that you can live honestly and still have a positive impact.

Do you like watching The L Word?
I loved the first few seasons, but I think it became very commercial around the 3rd or 4th season. I lived in Los Angeles for a long time and it really only represents the 'A' lesbians.

What is your favorite lesbian movie?
Boys on the Side

Do you have any Pride tattoos? If not, would you ever get one?
No Pride tattoos. If I had the choice now, probably wouldnt have any. But I have one Marine Corps tattoo and a Hawaiian band on my upper left arm with my sons name in Hawaiian in it.

Do you go to Gay/Lesbian clubs?
If we're meeting up with friends, but it's been a really long time.

Would you ever be a Drag King? (If you're not already)
Maybe when I was still learning who I was, for the fun of it, but not now.

What name would you go by if you did do Drag?
Well, if I go by what it says online on how to pick your Drag name, I would be Nipper Carlisle. Wow.

Have you ever been mistaken for a Male?
Yes. When my hair was buzz cut when I was on patrol, arrestees would call me sir often. It made them more cooperative afterwards because they felt bad for calling a woman sir, lol.

Would you ever have a sex change to become a Male?
NOOOOO. And miss out on everything that being a woman is?? No way. I love my womanhood.

How do you feel about Homophobia?
I think that it originates from people's own insecurities. It makes me said, because I lost friends coming out. However, it also makes me happy, because I know who I am and like what I've discovered to this point.

How do you feel about Gays/Lesbians having children?
Being the mother of a 15 yr old son and currently pregnant, I'm pretty sure that I'm good with it. I think that for the most part, gays and lesbians having children is a positive thing because we have to work SO hard to get pregnant/adopt etc. It's really not something that most gays or lesbians do without really wanting it.

If it were legal, would you marry another Female?
It is, and I'm marrying this beautiful person this month.

Have you ever attended a Gay Pride Festival?
Lol, yes. Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Las Vegas, North and South Carolina.

Do you wear make-up?
Occasionally.

Do you carry a wallet - or a purse?
A wallet and a backpack that accomodates my lap top for work.

Do you wear Male clothes?
Yes, the comfie stuff.

Do you prefer wearing cologne instead of perfume?
Umm, yeah. For some reason, people love Curve for Men on me. Kind of an accidental discovery years ago. I still love perfume though. I just like to smell good.

Do you have several piercings & tattoos?
Just ear piercings. Used to have nipple and eyebrow piercings. I have a couple of tattoos. See above.

Do you have a crush on a female celebrity, if so, who?
Mary-Louise Parker. I dont think I've seen a movie of hers I didnt like and she can always make me cry.

Do you have more Gay/Lesbian/Bi friends than you do Straight friends?
More straight friends.

Have you ever been gay bashed?
Only verbally. I got a letter from one of my best friends brothers and wife while I was in boot camp saying that they were worried for my soul between being a lesbian and in the military. They never let their kids watch Disney movies, so I wasnt too hurt over it. Who could say no to Nemo???

Did anyone stop having contact with you after you came out of the closet?
Yes, but no one I was disappointed by. I've been very lucky with my family and close friends.

What is your favorite gay/lesbian quote?
Gays dont fall in love. Lesbians dont fall in love. Straights dont fall in love. PEOPLE, fall in love. Love, when it's right between two people, IS, that simple. - Unknown

Do you believe you were born a lesbian?
Yes. I didnt come out until I was in my early 20's and would have never condoned being a lesbian growing up, but I had my first 'experience' at 8yrs old and remembered being more attracted to women most of my life.

Are you proud? Or ashamed of your sexuality?
Proud and modest--it can be done. This was actually the answer that was on the blog I got this from, but I really think that it nails it.

1 comment:

  1. Aw man i remember that looooong phone call :) i'm proud you chose me to tell :)
    oh and ryan would totally fight you for mary louise parker, he's so smitten!
    xo, k

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive