Our little princess

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Success in small steps and long days


Today was the day. I went back to work. I'm only going to go three days a week for the next few weeks, but today was the first day. It was not great, but it was a success, because I made it through the entire eight hours. That sounds funny to me, because now that I work inside, I only work eight hours. I used to work patrol and 12 hr shifts were minimum and standard. I will not focus on what was hard about it, I will instead; point out the positives:

I, did not throw up.

People, were happy to see me. Very happy actually. That's always nice.

I was able to take a shower.

I didnt throw up when I brushed my teeth.

Only one person wore so much perfume that I felt like I'd been run over by a parade float from the Tournament of Roses.

I'm home now :)

So. I will go back tomorrow and pray that tomorrow is, if not better, at least the same, as today. I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive