



Hi Everyone, Michelle here. I know, bad blogger. Bad. I have to admit, I'm all hooked on this Facebook thing. And not so much hooked as, hooked on a game on there. It's awful. So, I decided tonight, that I was going to blog.
Addison is almost 6 months old. I dont know how that happened, but it's right around the corner. I'm not looking, and I refuse to get any closer to the corner, lol. She's so amazing. She's a little red headed, happy, angry, tantrum throwing, smiley, loving, sack of taters. I look at her and wonder how I could love her any more, but then I get the next smile or little coo and it starts all over again. We've had a lot of firsts this month. She's rolling over like crazy. Now, this is really funny, because she hates being on her stomach. She'll sit there for a moment, and then get really pissed. So, you roll her back over, and in a split second, she's rolling right back over. There's that small moment of triumph, and then the loud requests to not be on her belly.
The pediatrician confirmed that her bottom teeth are getting ready to bust through. We knew she was teething, but a lot of people were telling us that she'll probably teeth for a few more months before anything happens. Well. I think we know our baby, lol. She drools an ocean, and she's been a cranky mess. I wrote on Facebook tonight that Jen and I are at times like a world wrestling tag team. When it's an especially bad day, one of us will start with loving trick number one. After a few minutes of loving trick #1 not working, the other tags in with loving trick #2. Tonight, we were out of loving tricks by the end of it all. We werent super stressed the way we usually are though, because she was doing something funny. She'd be totally screaming, crying, wiggling, really mad, and all of a sudden, she'd look at the tag team member not holding her, and bust out in a big ol' smile. We laughed and I think we're chalking it up to her pretty much saying, "Game on mommy's".
She's beautiful and, according to the pediatrician, off the charts. We did our preservative free immunos this month and found out that she's 27, almost 28 inches long, and 17 1/2lbs. Yes. She's large, lol. It sure doesnt slow her down though. She's almost perfected her backwards crawl. It's pretty funny, because you can tell she really wants to go forward, but she pushes off with her hands. So, she ends up farther from what she wants. She had her first swim this month, and her first time to the beach :)
The funniest thing, I think, that we've discovered this month, is something that makes her laugh that really great baby laugh. The uncontrollable full on giggle crack-up thing. Ketchup farts. And, really, any toy fart. Jen was putting ketchup on her plate one night while holding Addie and it was toward the end of the bottle. So, it made that 'pblert' sound. Addison lost it. So, of course, we all spent the next 10 minutes in the kitchen squeezing that bottle and laughing at her laughing. We also discovered tonight in the tub that her bath toys make the same noise and get the same results. Even before Addison, baby laughter was one of my top five favorite noises ever. I mean, come on, what's better then a happy laughing baby? :)
Teen-aged angst. Our son Corey will be 16 this week. Wow. 16. Now, this brings so much with it. It makes us appreciate Addison so much more right now. Because, even though I'm sure she'll be a really good kid, we know, that she will, inevitably, go through the 16 going on 40 phase. I like her phase now better. I love Corey more then life itself, but he is 16 going on 40. And, at 6'2", you cant say much to him that he doesnt have an answer for. He's very loving for a young man his age, I'm thankful for that, but there are definitely challenges with him. Especially since his dad is a sack of crap. That's a blog entry for another time though. I suppose that all we can do is our best and hope that someday he realizes that that was what we did.
Corey turning 16 makes me feel old. I dont know though if it's really because he's turning 16, or because we have a 5 month old who barely sleeps, therefore, we barely sleep. Only time will tell I suppose. Onward and upward :)
So, a friend of mine from high school, Melinda, sent me an invitation to a 5K memorial run for her father in October in Arizona. I've never run a 5K and am obviously super heavy after having Addison. Now, my sister, is SUPER fit, gorgeous and a total runner. I asked her if I got in shape to do the run if she'd do it with me and she said yes. So, tomorrow, I start a 5K running program I found called 'Couch potato to 5K'. I'm really excited because I know it's going to help me get back into shape and I'll be doing something I've never done before. I'm going to try to find the running ticker that I know is somewhere online and put it here on the blog. Then I'll have to be here to blog more :)
My 20 year high school reunion is also coming up in September. I dont think that we're going to be able to go, but we're going to try to get together soon after with some of my other high school friends in OR and WA. 20 years? Really????
Corey goes back down to his dad's tomorrow, I'm going to get going on strawberry and grape preserves this week or next and the house will start to get back in order. We've had non-stop house guests for the past month and I think that that's added to the anxiety level and lack of sleep. Not only on our part, but on Addison's. She doesnt like to miss anything. We love to see everyone, but a month is a long shot of constant entertainment. That's about it for now. I'll leave you with some cute pictures of Ad. Hope that everyone is well, love to all :)

She could seriously not be any cuter! And I cannot believe she is already six months old. It's so unfair. They grow up way too fast!!
ReplyDeletewow....she's getting big fast ladies! love the photos....what a cute onesie ;) thanks so much for posting!!!!
ReplyDeleteps. we have something for you....but it's size 6m.....will it fit her, or not?? if not, we have something else in mind. let me know.
xo
ah, still very cute, i see (though i didn't think she wouldn't be!) xx
ReplyDelete