Our little princess

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Altered Day


Today is a day off from Jillian Michael's, so you don't have to hear the mantra ha ha. Tonight's blog was going to be on Love, but I'm not quite finished, so, let's talk beer! Lol. Maybe the two go hand in hand. I'll let you decide.

Thanks to a friend, Heidi, I discovered today that Buffalo Bills has a beer called 'Orange Blossom Cream Ale'. I don't like beer. I'm sorry, I know so many of my friends will be disappointed by this, but I don't. However, there are exceptions. I love the seasonal Buffalo Bills 'Pumpkin Ale' Delicious. There's a blueberry beer exclusively made in San Diego that's wonderful. Pear Ale is yummy on any occasion. So, I ask. WHAT doesn't sound delicious about Orange Blossom Cream Ale??? I decided that I had to have some. Now. At that moment. I was off...

I went to the website, found the distributors, and while doing that, called BevMo. While waiting for the right person on hold with BevMo, I mapquested the distributor I had found within six miles of our house. BevMo advises me that they don't have it at the store I called, but that they're sure another store does. If I'm willing to wait a bit, they'll call the store and have it brought there. Shit. I'm willing. They tell me they'll call me back. While I'm waiting, Jen wakes up and it's time to pick up Addison from daycare. As we're getting ready to go, I tell her about the beer. She was a little surprised because she knows I don't like beer. However, before leaving, I still hadn't gotten a call from BevMo, so, screw it, I was going to the other place.

Well. The other place is in Richmond. If you're not from the Bay Area, you wouldn't know that Richmond is the ghetto. A gun slinging, gang infested ghetto. I didn't care. I wanted that beer. Before going to get Addison, we went to find the beer. Here is where I say that Mapquest sucks. A very very intelligent and great friend of mine told me once, "Use Google Maps". I really should have. We get to where the 'Wine Warehouse' is supposed to be, and of course, we're in a residential area. In the ghetto. Next to the train tracks. I wasn't giving up. I called them. They said we were close, so we continued to drive. Went where they said. Still nothing. Nada. Disappointment all over my face, I accept that today is not the day. Tomorrow, however, is. I will GOOGLE MAP the damned place, and go then.

On our way out of the ghetto, I called BevMo again, because I still hadn't heard back. They tell me the call was referred to their inventory 'specialist'. Riiiggghhht. I'm told that they havent received the shipment yet with that particular beer, but that they'll call me back tomorrow after talking to them. Whatevs. By this point we're driving through a small mountainy pass on our way to get Addison. This is the point where Jen begins to make fun of me. There is a little haze on her window, so she begins to write "Help, need orange beer". Maybe someone passing by will have the orange beer.

Ha ha. After a minute, she looks at me and says, "We can pull over to the side of the road and do like the people do with the HELP in the window sunshades, but we can put HELP, NEED ORANGE BEER" until someone pulls over". This went on for quite a while. Needless to say, I have no orange beer tonight, but check back tomorrow night. Because you can bet your ass, that I'll have some of that delicious sounding beer in my hands :) I hope everyone's having as much fun today as I've had :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive