Our little princess

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Love and it's place in your life....



I think that this is going to be a blog about Love and Friendship, but I'm not sure what shape it's going to take.

Lately, I've found myself wanting to be a better friend. Not that I'm a bad friend, but there's definitely room for improvement. If you want friends to reach out to you, reach out to them. If you want friends to visit, visit them. If you want to be able to rely on your friends, let them rely on you. I could go on and on. You dont do these things because if you dont, they wont. You do it, I do it, because I want to be a better friend. I want my friends to know that they can rely on me. I want them to know I really am their friend, and, most importantly, that I love them, and that they're important in my life. Overall, in my life, Love is very important. Not everyone will understand what I mean when I say that. It's meant beyond just the saying of it, but more the showing and the feeling of it. The connection of it.

People use the word Love a lot. I have the tendency to be one of them. I've abused this word. This emotion. Feeling. I dont think there are many people who really embody or embrace what Love is. What it really is. My life is unusually and thankfully filled with people who do. There's something called conscious living and loving. Some people do it without thinking. I envy them. For others, like myself, it is hard, hard and constant work. Conscious living. Conscious loving. Ripping yourself wide open to expose your true self, because having that kind of love in your life, is worth the risk of giving it. Being authentic and true to who you really are; and surrounding yourself with people who will continue to love you, the real you, regardless of what that looks like.

Conscious love enhances the energy of those exchanging it. Enhances creativity and happiness in those who share it. When people get to this level of love and understanding with each other, they let go of power struggles and the need for control. When I, have reached this level with people, is when I've formed the strongest bonds and friendships. That kind of relationship deserves effort and kindness. It's worth is immeasurable. So. I will strive to be a better friend. And, if at the end of the day, even one person calls me 'friend', then I've done at least one thing right.


Faith makes all things possible.
Love makes them easy.

~ Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive