Our little princess

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A little bit of anger, a little bit of fear, a whole lot of frustration

Well. I'm in my third trimester. We got to celebrate this for exactly one day. ONE. Uno. We had several doctor's appointments yesterday due to a bad week last week. One of the appointments was your 'routine' glucose test. Now, I wasnt really worried about this because we eat well, and dont eat a lot of sugar. Well, we received the call today saying that my glucose levels were 'off the charts' and I have to go in tomorrow for the 3-4 hr glucose testing to see if I have Gestational Diabetes.

Can I just say that at this point, if I did have it, it would be a slap in the face? This pregnancy has been so difficult. I know that it's all going to be worth it, but right now, we just really dont need anything else. We had a feeling that the test may not be coming back great almost immediately following me having to drink the glucose. For those of you who have never had this test, here's what it entails: You get an eight oz bottle of whatever flavor you want of glucose. Basically, 50mg of pure liquid sugar. DISGUSTING. The kicker here is, you HAVE to drink the whole thing within five minutes. GROSS. Now, imagine having to do this during a Hyperemetic pregnancy, where you gag on pretty much everything including water. Right.

So, I took the test and within an hour, Addison is kicking. We're laughing at first thinking, "Oh, she's little stimulated by the sugar". By 1:30am this morning, she hadnt stopped for even a minute. To say that we were a little concerned, is an understatement. My heart was racing as though I had been working out. It was awful. So, after we got the call today about the test results, and Addison was STILL moving like a rocket in the middle of the day, we decided to head into the OB. Unfortunately, our OB was out. The one we had to see made us feel like overreactive jackasses for having come in. We always LOVE that. She was someone we hadnt seen before, and now we know, we'll never see her again. Not if I have a damned thing to say about it anyway.

Tomorrow morning, we'll head off to start the four hour process of doing this glucose thing again. I'm not looking forward to it, because I have to drink that shit twice this time. Poor Addison. She's going to be up for days, and then probably sleep for days. I'm really angry, because none of this was supposed to happen with this pregnancy. The Hyperemesis was one thing. That affected me, and Addison was ok. But GD? That could affect her, and it doesnt make any sense to me why I might have it. I need to stay positive in hoping that this next test comes back negative, but I'm having a hard time with that at this point. I'm really tired. Really. Tired. Is it February yet?

3 comments:

  1. You poor thing! That sounds really awful. I am really hoping that it comes back -ve for you as you've been such a trooper already with this pregnancy. Here's hoping February comes soon and that tomorrow's glucouse hit isn't too terrible. x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn it. I am so sorry. I don't understand how the universe can be so indifferent. As if the hyperemesis is not enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God, poor you. HOPE tomorrow is OK and it was all wrong. Hugs. jay xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive