Our little princess

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cross Fit



Just a small break from my 30 days of intensity lol. A lot of people have been asking about the lifestyle Jen and I just started, so I thought I'd put it out there.

Most of you know I work out pretty consistently. I've been very frustrated the last few months, because no matter how 'on' my nutrition has been, or how many two a day workouts I've done, not much has changed. So, for the last month, I've just kind of sat back a lot and tried to figure out which direction to go in next.

I'm fortunate to have a sister and brother in law who are ridiculously fit and kind. I thought this was a rare combination. Until they told me about Cross Fit. They attend a Cross Fit 'Box' as it's called, down in southern Cali. During my last visit a few weeks ago, I expressed frustration over my lack of progress. They extoled the virtues of Cross Fit convinced and me to check it out.

I'd looked at what I thought were all of the Cross Fit's in our area and didnt feel like it was something we were going to be able to do. Everything was too far, or too expensive. I'm still not sure why, but during those first few days of searching, the Cross Fit we ended up joining wasnt showing up. Suddenly one day, there it was, Diablo Cross Fit. At first, the plan was for me to join, and if Jen thought she might like it, she'd join later. I really wanted her to join, but I figured I'd let her make the decision. So, we made our appointment to go check it out.

I was addicted the second I walked through the roll-up door. It's not your typical 24 Hour Fitness 'gym' with treadmills, universal machines etc. It's gymnastic rings, medicine balls, walls full of weight bars and racks and a lot of sweat. Pain in the air and people all around who are loving it. The perfect sick environment for me. Life changing. Which is what I've been looking for. The trainers we met all have flawless bodies, and attitudes to match. You wouldnt expect it. They're all really kind, positive and open to any and everyone willing to give their all.

It was such a positive visit that Jen ended up joining with me the same day. Cross Fits are very family oriented which is another unique aspect of it all. Everyone at our Box has small children and brings them with them to workouts. It's kind of funny because the first day I went, there was a super fit dad, jumping rope, with his six month old little boy about two feet away in a stroller having a bottle. Awesome. They do family nights at Chevy's and other family oriented events. They do co-op type buying for organic foods, nutrition classes and on an on.

It's the environment and support system I've been searching for, and the right fit. The fact that Jen is willing to do it, and come together with the nutrition at home, is also one of the components that's been missing. It's painful right now, but it's going to be more then worth it. It's tough. I'm tired a lot, very sore, but again, worth every second. Plus, I like a little pain, so it's right up my alley ;) I'll be done with the Elements classes as of Friday. You have to do four elements classes before you can get into the regular classes. I'm excited and terrified all at the same time.

I'm nervous before every class. They say that that's good, so I'm already doing something right lol. So, there you have it. It's very new, but I see this being a long term life changing decision.

1 comment:

  1. We're SO stoked to have you three on board!! You're doing great and fit into our family beautifully. It's gonna be a life changing experience for you all... I hope you are prepared! ;)

    Cheers!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive