
Something I hope to do in my Life
Those who know me might say “School”, or new career or something along those ambitious lines. And, at first, that was what I was going to write about. Truthfully, I’d love to get to go to school in the next year or so, or embark on whatever my new career in life might be. I’m not going to write about that though.
What do I hope to do in life?
Love.
I know, you’re saying, “Huh?” Yes Love.
It’s a verb. You don't just say it. You don't just write it. You DO it.
I hope that I get to love as much as possible. I hope that I get to love as well as I possibly can and cause joy in people’s lives because of it.
I hope that I get to love our children as deeply, strongly and consistently as I can so that they never doubt it, or grow old having ever questioned what being truly loved feels like.
I hope that I Love Jen, even now, so hard that even when the world is falling down around her, she knows that it is so.
I hope that I Love my family and friends to pieces. So that even when I’m imperfect or absent, they can say “I know she loves me”.
I hope to Love even when it’s painful or unrequited.
I hope to Love blindly and selflessly, even when it’s the last thing I want to do.
So, there it is.
In my life, and others.
I hope to do Love.

Oh, my sweet friend, you do LOVE. Even in the years we weren't in touch, I *knew* you loved me. You have and always will know how to LOVE.
ReplyDeleteBeauteous. :) And reminds me of another song I want to send you.
ReplyDeletePerfect. And Korin's right. You do Love.
ReplyDeleteThat is so very selfless.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back to the show. It was worth waiting on it.