Someone who has made my life worth living for
This one’s hard because the people who instantly come to my mind are our children. They obviously make every day worth waking up to and living to the fullest. I don't want to go with the obvious though. I searched my mind and had a few options, but I chose my sister.
My sister is one of the most incredible people I know. I strive to keep in step with her, even though she’s ten years younger then I am. She has ambition, morals, strength and in general, a motivation to live life her way and to the fullest she possibly can.
She knows me very well. She supports me in whatever it is I’m chasing or working on in my life and always, without fail, offers me the truth. Truth in all things, even when I may not like hearing it. She’s been one of my favorite people from the day she was born. My little ‘potato sack’. My champion. She is seamless but not flawless; working on her self constantly without turning it into self deprecation. How many of us can do that?
She still likes me even though I was a jerk as a younger adult. We share a love of reading that some would consider crazy. We have amazing and in depth conversations about life and all things that I never tire of. And, sometimes, we laugh. Hard. Just laugh, and laugh and laugh.
She’s leaving for Army boot camp in March and I’m proud, very proud of her. I’m excited because I know all about the adventure she’s about to start on out on. She was made for the environment and will thrive. At the same time, I’m sad. Selfishly sad for me that she’ll be going away. It wont change anything but geography, but it still makes me a little sad.
So. My sister. She is definitely one of my reasons for living. And I love her.
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment