Our little princess

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 22, 2011

30 Days of Truth Day #4

Something I need to forgive someone else for.

I can't go into a lot of details on this, because it's just not something I openly share in my life. I think maybe three people know the actual story. There is someone in my past though, a sergeant while I was on patrol at a small police department. He chose to take a path that set in motion the reason I decided to leave patrol. I've held on to what he did for six years now.

It haunts me at times. Not as much now as the first two years. But it creeps in from time to time, usually on my ride to work. I've not yet to this day and with years of therapy, figured out that correlation. Maybe it's unimportant. What is important is that it does, from time to time, still occur.

So, this year, today, right now, Sarge, I forgive you. I forgive you for not coming to me to talk. For being letter of the law versus spirit of the law. For seeing how someones life is crumbling, but not caring. I forgive you for hating that women are even allowed to operate within 'your' law enforcement. I forgive you for being the worst with tactics and putting other officer's lives in danger, including my own. I forgive you for being a total sack.

I forgive you for everything.

And, it just might be the biggest thing I've ever done for myself.

2 comments:

  1. Whew. wow. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard, hard move to forgive. I think it comes in waves before it finally sticks.

    It sounds like this is the time for you to make it real. Very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive