location: I'll be glad when I can say somewhere other then bed
mood: awake
music: Watching Roseanne
We're still new at this blog thing. I really feel that it's one of the greatest gifts that Jen could have given me. I'm a rampant writer and it's a great outlet. We're still trying to figure out the picture thing. Inserting pics into the blog etc etc. I'm sure that as time passes, so will our 'mad skillz'. I think that I'll actually try to embed a picture of Jen and I into this entry. **Late addition to this entry. Ok, we have the picture thing underway. The pic on this entry is our most recent sonogram at 12 weeks :)
Today was another roller coaster kind of day. I'm going to go out on a limb here and actually do a little online research. I'm going to start naming my days according to how 'extreme' the roller coaster was. I actually saw a show on the Discovery channel about the roller coasters of the nation. Why shouldnt I pay them a little homage? So, today, I dub thee 'The Cyclone'. Here's a short history quote about this coaster:
"Today, the Cyclone (aka Hypremesis Gravitum) is the yardstick by which many other coasters are measured. It had steep drops (to the floor in front of the toilet), plenty of airtime (gas), lateral g's (that feeling you have when you actually WANT to puke, but nothing's happening) and only a lapbar to hold passengers in". Boy, at times I WISH I had a lapbar for our toilet.
If you have any desire to read about Roller Coaster History, much of my info will be coming from:
http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com
All about roller coaster history. By the way, I've never liked roller coasters. Maybe that's why I'm not enjoying the morning sickness so much....The only good thing about it, is that they say it means that your baby is healthy. I think I'm pregnant with an Olympian. Pole Vaulter? Equestrian?....
Today, for the first time, even on my heavier medication, I had a hard time sleeping during the day. So I fed my addiction to TTC and pregnancy blogs. Now, I recommended a few in my last entry. Dont think for a second that it's because they are the only ones I've read so far. Oh no my friends. I'm on blog OVERLOAD. It's just such a satisfying feeling to feel that you can relate, or that others relate or have gone through similar situations. So, my blog path today began in disappointing fashion. Read a few that were very technical. Date, time, attempts and mood. ZZzZzzzZZ. I really did think that they would put me to sleep. No such luck.
After reading bits and pieces of about 8, I came across this one:
http://2-moms.blogspot.com/
I was a little envious at first, because this couple became pregnant on their first attempt. They went through the same fertility clinic that we did. However, that never lasts long for me, because I'm really happy when any lesbian couple has success in this process that is already so involved with feelings, judgments and tests. If you get the chance, read this blog. I spent the better part of my day today sipping a chocolate ensure full of ice and reading through every month or their life since 2006. Sick and twisted? Maybe. But it was great. I think one of my favorite entries was when the pregnant mommy threw her fork away instead of putting in the dishwasher. Hilarious because I'm in that odd confusion stage right now.
I never know quite how to explain it to Jen because I'm usually the one who's pretty 'on the ball'. Pardon the ball reference. I'll look for something forever before she lets me know that it's right in front of me. Anyway, GREAT blog, visit it, take a gander at their beautiful little one and enjoy.
I discovered something today that I could have easily done without. Our dogs, whom we love dearly, have a talent. Let me say a little something before I reveal the talent. We just recently moved. Because of this, our dogs normal elevated dog dish frame isnt being used. So, they're eating out of just the bowls on the floor. Well, as some of you may know, this causes gas. Unfortunately in our dogs, it causes extreme gas. They seem to love to relieve themselves when they're snuggled up in bed with us and within sniffing range. It's not so bad with Jersey, because she snuggles like a human. Head at your head, spooning etc.
With Tess. Well, it's a little like what I imagine dying would be like. She loves to spoon, yes. However, she likes to put her butt where your face is and her head in your groin. So, when she releases her 'winds of love', you get it full force. In the face. Disgusting. So, here's the new talent. I was quite nauseous today. Very much high highs and low lows. At a moment where I thought that I could actually fall asleep, I lay down and Tess immediately curls up with me. She was warm and it felt good on my little green dot (blog for tomorrow), so I snuggled with her. I was very comfortable when she decided it was time to release what can only be described as a New York garbage dump after a bad drunken New Year's Eve.
I was already slightly queezy when I had layed down. Not expecting what had just happened, I had been on the inhale portion of my breathing when it did. I immediately sat up and decided that I wasnt close enough to the toilet. I was. I only dry heaved, but it was enough. Needless to say, the dog knows how to make the bed her own. I will be flipping her when we snuggle from now on and tucking the rump into a blanket so that I never inhale again. I wonder if that's what Bush really meant when he said he never inhaled?

No comments:
Post a Comment