mood: sad
music: Watching Shark Week on the Discovery Channel
Well today was my friday, which is good.......but was a long week and glad it is over. Found myself watching "Baby Borrowers" today.....great show. They take 5 teenage couples and give them a house, a van, and make them live as adults. First, they had to deal with babies, then toddlers, preteens, teenagers, and finally senior citizens. So, tonight I was watching the final episode with the senior citizens.....both Michelle and I were in tears.......quite emotional. The teens all did really well with the older people, but it really made me miss my granparents that have passed away. I have a soft spot for animals, older people and babies.
For a whole year before I moved out to San Francisco, October 2000 to October 2001, I lived with my grandparents in a tiny town in South Dakota. I took care of them while working full time and looking for a career at the same time. It was really a good experience. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I was always close to my grandma but this time was really special to both of us. She had Alzheimers so it was very difficult at times but very rewarding at others. It was almost like she was a little kid. I moved away in October of 2001, and then when I was able to go back home to visit, November of 2002, I was really afraid she wasn't going to remember me......I was wrong. When I walked in the back door, she was sitting on a chair, I walked over to her, her eyes lit up and she got up and hugged me. She remembered me as the nice girl that lived with them for a year and took care of them. So, even though she remembered me, she wasn't remembering her granddaughter but someone she knew really cared for her. Which was fine.
She passed away March of 2003.....she is missed so much and forever lives in my heart.
Okay......I vented and can moved onto other things. I just was thinking of her so had to blog in her rememberance. I love you, grandma!
Today was not a good day for Michelle as she was nauseous all day. She is trying to stay away from the medications and therefore feeling very crappy. I made her some ice water with fresh lemons in it, she said nothing tastes good but she was able to keep it down, so thats good. After working all week, I had to catch up with some things here. I really don't know about these dogs, I swear they are bottomless pits. They eat and eat and eat......therefore you know what comes after that.....many trips outside. Can't imagine when we have a little one, being able to keep up with two cats and two dogs but I guess it can be done.
I am off the next three days.....therefore should be able to catch up on the rest of what needs to be done at home and wait on Michelle so she doesn't have to do much. Hoping that if she does feel better I can get her out for a walk, she seems to feel better when she gets some sunlight and fresh air.
Sorry this blog today seems a bit down.......I just got really sad thinking of my grandparents.......but now I will go back to thinking about the baby......Michelle said she feels like her stomach has a water balloon inside and someone is shaking it. That can't be good, huh? We are at 12 weeks 6 days. Yeah!!
--Mommy "J"


No comments:
Post a Comment