Well, woke up this morning to Michelle still being sick, she must have thrown up 4 times this morning. By now she hasn't been able to eat or drink.....for awhile. So, she made a phone call to the OB asking if she could be seen. We drove to the OB, we just got into the office and she had to run to the bathroom......sick again. Then the assistant came out and said "oh wow, you don't look so good." Nice, huh? Duh!! Anyway, they did a urine test and checked Baby "A" ,(we are calling her/him Baby "A" until we know what it is b/c either way the name is going to start with an "A") and said she was extremely dehydrated. So, they sent us to the hospital to the Infusion room to get an IV put in. She had two bags put into her. At that point they checked her again, and called the Dr b/c they said she still was really dehydrated, plus a really bad headache and still feeling nauseous. First they told me to take her over to the OB, so I pushed her in a wheel chair to the lobby and went to get the car, then after I walked up 5 flights of stairs to my car, the Dr called me and said, no just take her to the ER.
Wow!! So, I went back to the lobby, by this time they had already told her and she was walking towards me. We walked to the ER, they put her on another IV. By this time they said she would be there for at least 5 hours, so I drove 30 miles home to let our dogs out. Drove back to the ER and she said her head was still hurting and she still felt nauseous. After 4 bags, they said well, we better keep you over night just to make sure you are feeling better. Around 10pm they pushed her to Oncology, since that was where a bed was available. (it was that or pediatrics, and the Dr didn't think she would want to be up all night with the kids) In the ER she was so cold, but once we got upstairs she was really hot......so I took off her socks and fed her some ice chips. Once she was comfortable, I left for home. The Dr said I needed to go home and get some sleep b/c when she comes home she would need my help. So, I obeyed the Dr's orders. Of course I am home now but missing her so can't sleep. Both dogs are on the bed sleeping away....shhh don't tell Mommy "M", she doesn't like them on the bed.
I am just laying in bed watching TLC, A Baby Story, I love watching these shows. Just hoping Baby "A" and Mommy "M" are okay.
--Mommy "J"
12 years ago

ugh! I really hope this helps and she feels some relief. sending my love.
ReplyDeleteThank you Korin, I looked up this website and some other things last night. Wish I had known all this before I would have taken her to the Dr sooner. A little worried for the baby at this point, but going to be with Michelle today. Thanks again for you kind words. Jen
ReplyDelete